Student Electronic Device Code of Conduct
- Follow all teacher directions including when to use the device.
- Access only the information related to the learning task.
- Have your device(s) fully charged at the start of every school day.
- Have the volume of devices muted at the beginning of each lesson.
- Inform the teacher or others when using the camera and audio recording functions.
- Ensure that your device is password locked.
- Seek your teacher’s permission before sending any form of electronic messaging in class.
- Ensure that audio, photos and video recorded at school are not uploaded, broadcast or transferred without a teacher’s permission.
- Only use your personal device yourself, hence, not loan your device to another student.
- Transport and store your device in a safe and secure manner when not in use, ensuring iPads are in a sturdy and robust cover at all times.
- If you are a Middle School student, keep your device locked in your locker at recess and lunch time unless participating in a supervised learning activity.
- Understand that your device may be removed by teachers until the end of the lesson or for more serious breaches; the device will be held longer.
- Keep mobile phones stored in your locker during the school day.
- Be bound by all conditions in the St Leonard’s College Cyber-Safety User Agreement.